In 1990, after having practiced law in the public sector for a number of years, Christopher E. Mast, relocated his practice to the City of Naples, Florida, initially as a partner in the Law Offices of Craig, Ryan, Mast & King; then in early 1995 opening his own law office as a sole practitioner in Naples, Florida, representing individuals and small business owners in southwest Florida.
Christopher began his career as a lawyer following graduation from the Detroit College of Law in 1982, with an appointment to the Labor Relations Group within the City of Detroit Law Department. During the period of his appointment as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Detroit Law Department, Christopher was fortunate to have been assigned a number of appellate matters concerning Veterans Preference Rights in Employment and Municipal Employee Civil Service Rights which appellate decisions remain as definitional case law within the State of Michigan.
Since his relocation to the City of Naples and entering private practice, Christopher has focused his practice on the individual and small business owner, whether addressing injuries or death arising out of motorcycle, automobile or truck accidents, commercial litigation concerning property and insurance rights, landlord tenant rights or helping families following the death of a loved one.
I have successfully represented adults and children who have been injured in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog attacks, slip-and-fall accidents and gunshot cases. I am experienced in helping clients who have suffered all types of injury, included herniated disks, spinal injury, and broken bones in accidents. I also represent families who have lost loved ones in cases of wrongful death.
Other Practice Areas
I also provide legal services in the areas of family law, probate and estate administration. To serve the needs of small business owners in southwest Florida, I provide legal services to Landlords in the areas of commercial and residential leasing.
To my clients, I bring more than 35 years of legal experience in a broad range of legal areas:
- I was an Assistant Corporation Counsel with the City of Detroit Law Department, representing the city in civil matters and appeals.
- As a partner with Craig, Ryan, Mast & King, I represented major insurance carriers in personal injury claims, giving me an understanding how the other side thinks in accident cases.
- I was certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator by the University of South Florida. Even though I do not currently practice as a mediator, my certification training helps me to negotiate effectively on behalf of my clients.
My law firm, CHRISTOPHER E. MAST, P.A., is located at 1059 5th Avenue North in downtown Naples, Florida.
I provide every client or potential client with an initial telephone consultation. You can reach me by calling my office, by e-mailing or by leaving messages on my answering service 24 hours per day, seven days a week. I offer Saturday and Sunday appointments when necessary.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Plaintiff, primarily Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death Plaintiff
- Probate, Wills and Estates
- Commercial Litigation
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant Law, exclusively representing Landlords.
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1990
- Michigan, 1982, Lawyer-Emeritus
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1982
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. – 1982
- Northern Michigan University, Marquette, Michigan
- B.S. – 1978
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Certificate in Circuit Civil Mediation Training 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Member, 1990 – Present
- Michigan Bar Association,Lawyer-Emeritus, Member, 1982 – Present
- Northern Michigan University Alumni Association, Lifetime Member, 2004 – Present
Christopher E. Mast Esq
Attorney At Law